Etape du Tour – July 2020
The route for the 2020 Etape du Tour will be revealed in October. Contact us to get yourself on our Early Interest List. Spots are always limited.
Distance: km, Total Elevation: m
The 2019 Etape du Tour starts in the Olympic town of Albertville and finishes at the highest ski resort in Europe – Val Thorens. The 29th Etape du Tour will replicate Stage 20 of the Tour de France, the de facto last day of the Tour de France, which will surely be an exciting stage to watch, with attacks coming from all sides against whoever happens to be in the Yellow Jersey.
The 2019 Etape will be a climber’s dream. With a distance of only 135 km and an elevation gain of over 4500 m, you will be very glad you did all those hill repeats in the spring and summer! The last climb alone is massive, at over 33 km long and with a vertical gain of over 1800 m (more than Ventoux!). It is not steep, however, with an average gradient of 5.5%.
44|5 Cycling Tours, like all previous years, has secured an Alpine chalet situated close to the finish and with easy access to the start line. We will pick you up at Geneva airport and from then on all your transport, most meals and accommodation is taken care of. We can even arrange a high-performance carbon-fiber bike for you on request. Let us take care of the logistics and support so you can make the most of your Etape weekend.
- 3 nights chalet accommodation
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Complimentary sports nutrition
- Pick-up and drop-off at Geneva Airport
- Transport to/from Etape ‘village’
- Drop-off at race start (Albertville); pick-up at finish (As close to official finish as possible)
- Expert guides to see to your needs
- 44|5 Cycling Tours jersey and water bottle
- Registration to the event. Go to the TimeTo from Oct 29th to register
- Transportation to/from Geneva (i.e. flights)
- Lunches and drinks outside dinner
- Hotels before/after your tour
- Bikes – through our rental partner, France Bike Rentals, you can have a bike waiting for you at the race village in Annecy when you arrive.
- Travel insurance (we highly recommend you purchase a travel insurance policy that also covers your bike)
Day to Day
After greeting you at the arrival airport on Friday and transferring to our accommodation, we’ll build and adjust bikes, making sure they are ready for the big day. Saturday morning’s visit to the Etape village to pick-up race numbers and enjoy the ambiance will be followed by a short afternoon shake-out ride. A nutritious dinner will ensure your body is primed for tomorrow’s challenge.
Be ready for an early morning wake-up call on Sunday in order to deliver you to your race pen on time. Now it’s all up to you and your legs, but 44|5 will be there at the finish line to applaud your effort and ensure your comfort. Tonight’s celebratory dinner will heighten spirits and cement friendships as we recount tales of our exploits on the bike. Monday morning’s transfer back to the airport will be bitter-sweet, but there is always next year.
Fri, July 19: Arrival
- 1:30 pm: Pick-up at Geneva Airport
- Transfer to our Alpine chalet
- Bike assembly
- Group dinner
Sat, July 20: Race Village Visit
• Transfer to the race ’village’ to pick up race packs
• Lunch after village visit; shake-out ride
• Group dinner
Breakfast and dinner included
Sun, July 21: Race Day
• Early breakfast then transfer to race start
• Transfer back to chalet after event
• Celebratory group dinner
Breakfast and dinner included
Mon, July 22: Transfer to Airport
• 8:00 am: transfers to Geneva airport
Chalet Pré des Cristaux
Your home for the Etape du Tour 2019 is a Savoyarde-style chalet in the village of La Gittaz, perched high one valley over from the finish line.
Constructed in 2016, our Alpine chalet of 400 square meters has 6 bedrooms with 6 bathrooms, two large terraces, plenty of common area space and wifi.