Our tour is sold out, but we do have ENTRIES still available to sell.
Etape du Tour – July 7-10, 2023
Distance: 152km, Total Elevation: 4100m
This year’s Etape du Tour will take place entirely in the French departement of Haute Savoie, starting on the outskirts of Geneva, in Annemasse, and crossing 5 classified cols (including HC Joux Plane) before plunging to the finish line in the ski town of Morzine.
Your epic day begins in Annemasse, where you quickly start climbing shortly after crossing the start line. In the first 65 km you will climb 4 cols (3 classified), before attacking the last two mountains of the day – the Ramaz and the mighty Joux Plane. You’ll want your wits about you after crossing the last col because your finish comes after a final descent of over 10km.
- Col de Saxel: 4.3km / 4.6%
- Col de Cou: 7km / 7.4%
- Col du Feu: 5.8km / 7.8%
- Col de la Ramaz: 13.9km / 7.1%
- Col de Joux Plane: 11.6km / 8.5%
44|5 Cycling Tours has secured a luxury chalet meters from the finish line in Morzine. We will pick you up at Geneva airport and from then on all your transport, most meals and accommodation is taken care of. We can also help arrange a high-performance carbon-fiber bike for you on request. Let us take care of the logistics and support so you can make the most of your Etape weekend.
- Double occupancy: €1500 (includes event entry)
- Single Supplement: €1000
- Deposit: €500 per person
- Registration to the event.
- 3 nights luxury chalet accommodation
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Complimentary sports nutrition
- Pick-up and drop-off at Geneva Airport (GVA)
- Transport to/from Etape ‘village’
- Drop-off at race start
- Expert guides to see to your needs
- 44|5 Cycling Tours jersey and water bottle
Entry only: €210 (our Tour Operator cost)
- Transportation to/from Geneva (i.e. flights)
- Lunches and drinks outside dinner
- Hotels before/after your tour
- Bikes – we will work with you to help find a suitable rental bike, if needed.
- Travel insurance (we highly recommend you purchase a travel insurance policy that also covers your bike)
Day to Day
After greeting you at the arrival airport on Friday and transferring to our chalet in the heart of Morzine, we’ll build and adjust bikes, making sure they are ready for the big day. Saturday morning’s visit to Annemasse to pick-up race numbers and enjoy the ambiance will be followed by a short afternoon shake-out ride. A nutritious dinner will ensure your body is primed for tomorrow’s challenge.
Be ready for an early morning wake-up call on Sunday in order to deliver you to your race pen on time. Now it’s all up to you and your legs, but 44|5 will be there at the finish line to applaud your effort and ensure your comfort. Tonight’s celebratory dinner will heighten spirits and cement friendships as we recount tales of our exploits on the bike. Monday morning’s transfer back to the airport will be bitter-sweet, but there is always next year.
Day One – July 7: Arrival
- 1:30 pm: Pick-up at Geneva Airport (GVA)
- Transfer to your luxury chalet
- Bike assembly
- Group dinner
Day Two – July 8: Race Village Visit
• Transfer to the race ’village’ to pick up race packs
• Lunch after village visit; shake-out ride
• Group dinner
Breakfast and dinner included
Day Three – July 9: Race Day
• Early breakfast then transfer to race start
• Celebratory group dinner
Breakfast and dinner included
Day Four – July 10: Transfer to Airport
• 8:00 am: transfers to Geneva airport
Chalet Le Stade
Your home for the Etape du Tour 2022 is Chalet Le Stade, a large mountain chalet in Morzine. The chalet has en-suite bathrooms for every room, a very spacious lounge, spa, and most importantly, just a short walk away from the finish line!
What our Guests have to say about our Etape Travel Package
Book these guys now!
In November 2016 I reserved a spot with 44-5 to ride Etape Du Tour 2017. Absolutely zero regrets and will recommend John and Gerry to all. If you want a personalized first-class experience with owners who have deep knowledge, want you to succeed, and are top-shelf guys-, book with 44-5.
Cannot recommend highly enough
Third time I have been on a tour with these guys, this time to do the Etape du tour from Megeve to Morzine. Everything ran like clockwork (no mean feat given the vast amount of organisation and logistics involved) and the accommodation and food were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. I cannot recommend 445… Read more “Cannot recommend highly enough”
Great trip, very well organised by John and Gerry, beautiful accommodation and good food. Would definitely recommend.
Big thank you to John and Gerry for great Etape experience. Could not have wished for anything different. Great organisation, very helpful, and delightfully friendly. I will cherish the experience.