Our Etape package is sold out, but we still have places on our EXTENSION PACKAGE (scroll down for more info).
Etape du Tour – July 5, 2020
Distance: 177 km, Total Elevation: 3570 m
The 2020 Etape du Tour begins and finishes on the glittering shores of Nice, France. The 30th anniversary Etape du Tour will replicate Stage 2 of the 2020 Tour de France, minus the final circuit in Nice that will be raced twice in the Tour and once in the Etape.
To celebrate 30 years of the Etape du Tour, ASO have chosen a very different and unique type of route, starting and finishing in the same place and staying out of the high mountains. It will not be a walk in the park, however, with 177 km and two large climbs:
- Col de la Colmiane: 16.3 km @ 6.3%
- Col de Turini: 14.9 km @ 7.4%
The finishing circuit adds one more famous difficulty with the Col d’Eze (7.8 km @ 6.1%), a mainstay for many decades in the Paris-Nice race each March.
44|5 Cycling Tours, like all previous years, will have high-quality accommodation situated close to the start/finish. We will pick you up at Nice airport and from then on all your transport, most meals and accommodation is taken care of. We can even arrange a high-performance carbon-fiber bike for you on request. Let us take care of the logistics and support so you can make the most of your Etape weekend.
EXTENSION PACKAGE (optional)
Like previous years, we will be offering clients the option to stay on with us and do some outstanding riding after the Etape is finished.
- Double occupancy: €1340 (includes event entry)
- Single Supplement: €200
- Deposit: €500 per person
- Registration to the event.
- 3 nights accommodation in the medieval village of Vence
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Complimentary sports nutrition
- Pick-up and drop-off at Nice Airport (NCE)
- Transport to/from Etape ‘village’
- Drop-off at race start; pick-up at finish
- Expert guides to see to your needs
- 44|5 Cycling Tours jersey and water bottle
- Transportation to/from Nice (i.e. flights)
- Lunches and drinks outside dinner
- Hotels before/after your tour
- Bikes – through our rental partner, France Bike Rentals, you can have a bike waiting for you at the race village when you arrive.
- Travel insurance (we highly recommend you purchase a travel insurance policy that also covers your bike)
Day to Day
After greeting you at the arrival airport on Friday and transferring to our hotel overlooking the Mediterranean, we’ll build and adjust bikes, making sure they are ready for the big day. Saturday morning’s visit to the Etape village to pick-up race numbers and enjoy the ambiance will be followed by a short afternoon shake-out ride. A nutritious dinner will ensure your body is primed for tomorrow’s challenge.
Be ready for an early morning wake-up call on Sunday in order to deliver you to your race pen on time. Now it’s all up to you and your legs, but 44|5 will be there at the finish line to applaud your effort and ensure your comfort. Tonight’s celebratory dinner will heighten spirits and cement friendships as we recount tales of our exploits on the bike. Monday morning’s transfer back to the airport will be bitter-sweet, but there is always next year.
Fri, July 3, 2020: Arrival
- 1:30 pm: Pick-up at Nice Airport (NCE)
- Transfer to your hotel
- Bike assembly
- Group dinner
Sat, July 4, 2020: Race Village Visit
• Transfer to the race ’village’ to pick up race packs
• Lunch after village visit; shake-out ride
• Group dinner
Breakfast and dinner included
Sun, July 5, 2020: Race Day
• Early breakfast then transfer to race start
• Transfer back to the hotel after event
• Celebratory group dinner
Breakfast and dinner included
Mon, July 6, 2020: Transfer to Airport
• 8:00 am: transfers to Nice airport
Your home for the Etape du Tour 2020 is Villa Roseraie, a Mediterranean-style 19th century villa just steps from the historic center of medieval Vence. The hotel has a lovely garden and pool and is 30 minutes from the start/finish line of your event!
What our Guests have to say about our Etape Travel Package
Cannot recommend highly enough
Third time I have been on a tour with these guys, this time to do the Etape du tour from Megeve to Morzine. Everything ran like clockwork (no mean feat given the vast amount of organisation and logistics involved) and the accommodation and food were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. I cannot recommend 445… Read more “Cannot recommend highly enough”
Big thank you to John and Gerry for great Etape experience. Could not have wished for anything different. Great organisation, very helpful, and delightfully friendly. I will cherish the experience.
Great trip, very well organised by John and Gerry, beautiful accommodation and good food. Would definitely recommend.
Book these guys now!
In November 2016 I reserved a spot with 44-5 to ride Etape Du Tour 2017. Absolutely zero regrets and will recommend John and Gerry to all. If you want a personalized first-class experience with owners who have deep knowledge, want you to succeed, and are top-shelf guys-, book with 44-5.